It’s that time of the year again, when the spoken word and literary scene start casting their votes for the Saboteur Awards. This is a great way for artists to receive widespread recognition for their work, and encourages people to shout about and celebrate their peers.
You can cast your votes for the nominations here. Please note that you have to vote in at least three categories in order for it to count.
Obviously we’d love for you to support Nymphs & Thugs are our artists where applicable. Here are a couple of friendly suggestions…
- Best spoken word performer: Probably the most open category that there is, which could apply to all six of our artists.
- Best literary festival: We would suggest that you vote for our good friends at Verve Poetry Festival.
- Best poetry pamphlet: Salena Godden‘s ‘Pessimism Is For Lightweights’ and Luke Wright‘s ‘After Engine Trouble’, both on Rough Trade Books, are eligible for this.
- Best spoken word show: Matt Abbott‘s ‘Two Little Ducks’ and Luke Wright’s ‘Luke Wright Poet Laureate’ are both eligible for this, and we’d also suggest Maria Ferguson‘s ‘Essex Girl’.
- Most innovative publisher: We reckon Nymphs & Thugs could be eligible for this.